We had a simple celebration for Wacky’s 2nd Birthday last month and I got to finally make him his very first vegan gluten free chocolate cake! Sharing with you this recipe I found and altered with ingredients you can find here in Manila. Thank you, Hey Kuya!, for buying the flour for me! You can also check out Part 1 of Wacky’s Birthday vlog below!
VEGAN GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cup of Gluten Free Flour (I found Bob’s Red Mill Garbanzo & Fava Flour at Healthy Options)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup RICOA Breakfast Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used Frito Vegetable Oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar (I just used regular Datu Puti Vinegar)
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sift together all the dry ingredients
- Add vegetable oil and mix well, make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the vanilla extract, vinegar and water, making sure to mix before adding each ingredient.
- Line your pan with parchment paper and a very thin layer of oil
- Bake for 45 minutes, check at least 5 minutes before time is up.
- Let it cool before coating with the ganache.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 16oz (or two boxes) of RICOA Unsweetened Cocoa bars
- 15oz of coconut milk (canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioner’s sugar (add to get the sweetness level that you like)
- Chop in small pieces your RICOA Unsweetened Cocoa bars
- In a small sauce pan, heat coconut milk until bubbles form on the sides and steams.
- Pour hot coconut milk over your chopped cocoa bars and mix.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Gradually add confectioner’s sugar to achieve the right sweetness you prefer.
Bob’s Red Mill Garbanzo & Fava Flour
Enjoy your Vegan Gluten Free Chocoalte Cake! WATCH THE VLOG BELOW or on our channel http://bit.ly/1QjWugI <3